- Tuesday Morning & Evening Bible Study: Meets on Tuesdays, 10:00-Noon or 6:30-8:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall. Extended programing for children is provided for the morning session.
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study: All Things New with Caroline Cooper, at 7 pm in room ADM-139. Extended programing for children is provided.
Bible Study Groups
Here are some examples of past events.
- Scrapbooking & Crafts: Meets the second Saturday of each month, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Share ideas and materials with other creative women.
- Women’s Retreat: Annual Spring event
- Christmas Events: Enjoy a time of fellowship, food, and an opportunity to learn more about a local missions organization.
- REAL Moms (Relationships, Encouragement, Acceptance and Laughter) is dedicated to meeting the needs of moms with kids from birth-Kindergarten. We invite you to join us at First Baptist Church of Lee’s Summit REAL Moms on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month.
Registration information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Crafters With a Cause
- Daytime group – Meets on Monday mornings at 10 AM on the same week as the 3rd Thursday Group. (Note: it is not always the 3rd Monday) Check the calendar, and contact Jane Pritchett for more information.
- Evening group – Meets the 3rd Thursday night of each month 6:30 – 9:00 PM in the room by the restrooms (I think the room # is ADM-139) Check the calendar, and contact Edwina Smith for more information.
“LADIES! Join C.R.A.F.T.-“Christians Receiving Artistic Fellowship &Training”.Bring your cards, jewelry, mats, knitting, crocheting, beadwork, scrapbooking, Senior year/shower/wedding projects, Event preparation, what ever you’re working on and enjoy fellowship and food!
WHEN: 9-5 (come and go) Second Saturday of each month.Questions? Lilly Kaiser 816. 682.9713.
No childcare provided
Women on Mission
Women On Mission is an important part of Women’s Ministry at First Baptist Church. All women are welcome to be a member of a group or work with a group on a project.
Purpose: To help the church fulfill its mission by involving women IN missions.
Mission Statement: To inform and inspire the Christian woman to influence her world for Christ.
Women On Mission sponsors the International Missions Emphasis, Week of Prayer, and special guest speakers. It also provides opportunities for women to participate in numerous mission projects, including an ongoing project to help provide lunches for the homeless. Some special projects have included efforts to provide various items for Guatemala (including Dolls on Mission, school supplies, and children’s clothing), and care boxes for U.S. military personnel, as well as other international, national, and local activities.
An important part of this ministry is prayer for missionaries, for people who need opportunities to hear about Christ, and for those with a range of needs in our church, community, nation, and throughout the world.
Women On Mission is open to suggestions for opportunities to involve individuals or groups in activities which promote missions.
Three groups meet monthly:
- Wilma Rodgers Group: Meets the first Tuesday of each month, 9:30 AM.
- Marie Carter Group: Meets the third Thursday of each month, 9:30 AM.
- Sue Wilkins Group: Meets the fourth Tuesday of each month, 9:30 AM.
- Ongoing Prayer Group: Meets the first Saturday of each month, 6:30-7:30 AM in the Bright Chapel.